The Evangelise conference (Evangelise) is an online national conference of Catholics organised and conducted by the Australian Episcopal Conference of the Roman Catholic Church (AEC) (an entity of the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference) and hosted by its agency, the National Centre for Evangelisation (NCE). Evangelise will take place online between 20 and 22 October 2022.
BY REGISTERING FOR EVANGELISE YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Group Coordinator refers to a person over the age of 18 participating in Evangelise who is responsible for registering multiple participants (Group).
Hosting Site refers to the location of a gathering of people to participate in Evangelise, e.g. parish, hall, etc, which may require management to meet hospitality, location and legislative requirements.
Media Representative refers to:
a) a person representing a recognised media organisation or a Catholic or other religious publication or news service; or
b) an independent freelancer on assignment from a broadcast station or publication.
1. I the undersigned wish to participate in Evangelise to be held online from 20-22 October 2022 inclusive.
2. I understand that I require a computer with a good internet connection to participate in Evangelise.
3. I agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions and any policies (including in relation to child protection or health & safety) and rules notified to me by AEC. I understand that a breach of the rules may result in my removal from Evangelise. If I am removed from Evangelise, I accept responsibility for all costs incurred.
4. I indemnify and release the AEC and their officers, employees, volunteers and agents against claims and losses of any kind arising out of or in connection with my participation in Evangelise.
5. I understand that a serious breach of the rules may result in my exclusion from future conferences.
6. I understand that Evangelise is offered as an initiative for those 18 years and older.
7. I agree to comply with all relevant laws during Evangelise.
Code of Conduct
8. I will participate in a respectful, safe, inclusive and supportive manner. I will listen to and look out for other participants, acknowledge others and their feelings, be courteous at all times, ask questions and not make assumptions.
10. I will not interfere with, interrupt or in any way hinder Evangelise presentations, and understand that doing so may result in my removal from Evangelise and exclusion from future conferences.
11. Registrations for the live online conference close on Thursday 20 October 22.
12. In order for registrations to be finalised, registrations must be paid in full with names and details finalised by 5pm (AEDT) Thursday 13 October. Any changes after this date may incur an administration fee.
Media Accreditation Conditions
15. I acknowledge that my media pass does not constitute authority to enter operation areas or have access to presenters, bishops or leaders of Evangelise.
16. I agree to adhere to the guidelines and directions of Evangelise organisers at all times.
17. I will not permit the use or transfer of my media registration to another individual.
18. I agree to be the contact person for all participants of my Group.
19. I will obtain permission to collect and register details of all members in my Group.
20. I will abide by required privacy laws when obtaining, storing and supplying information about my group members.
21. I understand that I am responsible for payment of the total registration fee on behalf of all members of my Group.
Hosting Site Requirements
22. I will obtain permission of the site owner to use the site for the gathering. I will meet all requirements as set by the venue and hosting Catholic diocese for gathering (eg. WHS or OHS, food service, risk management and diocesan policies).
23. I will not collect unnecessary personal details from site participants, nor use details inappropriately, storing all records appropriately.
24. I will work to ensure the comprehensive safety of site participants at all times (eg. physical, emotional, mental and spiritual safety).
25. I understand local Hosting Sites are not facilitated by or the responsibility of the AEC.
26. I indemnify and release the AEC and their officers, employees, volunteers and agents against claims and losses of any kind arising out of or in connection with my coordination of a local Hosting Site.
27. I understand the inclusion of any minors (those under the age of 18) at my site requires a Safeguarding Plan including Working with Children Checks of all site leaders and volunteers (source diocesan safeguarding procedures).
28. I will review and be guided by the Evangelise Hosting Site Guidelines and act with Christian values and intention to provide the best experience for participants at the site.
Filming and photographing
29. I consent to AEC and their nominees filming and/or photographing and/or recording me (Footage) during Evangelise.
30. I consent to AEC and their nominees using my name, image, likeness and voice and that this Footage may be used by the AEC and CAP for promotional, marketing or other purposes associated with Evangelise.
31. I consent to AEC, without limitation, using, reproducing, exhibiting, editing, adapting, compiling with other works or materials, transmitting, broadcasting, publishing and distributing the Footage in any media at its discretion.
32. I acknowledge that AEC are not obliged to publish or otherwise use the Footage or any part of it.
33. I agree that any form of intellectual property rights in the Footage (audio and visual) and all works derived or created under it vest in AEC, and that to the extent that any such intellectual property rights vest in me, I assign these rights to AEC. I consent to any act or omission by AEC which may otherwise infringe my moral rights.
34. To the full extent permitted by law, I consent to the doing of anything in relation to the Footage that (but for the consents provided in these Terms and Conditions) would otherwise infringe any moral rights, performers’ rights or similar non-assignable personal rights that I might otherwise have including but not limited to publishing the Footage without attribution and modifying/adapting the Footage.
35. I agree to execute all documents and do all things required by AEC for the purpose of giving effect to the above requirements.
39. I agree that the laws of Australian Capital Territory (ACT), Australia govern these terms and conditions.